Choosing an HVAC contractor can be intimidating. There are so many options, and you may not fully understand the help you need. How do you choose an HVAC contractor that will complete the work effectively and efficiently, without charging an arm and a leg? How do you find a reliable HVAC contractor that makes repairs and remodels a delight?
Every homeowner should have a preferred HVAC contractor that they can call in an emergency or for price comparisons or consultation. Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating, and Air knows it’s important to you to find the best possible HVAC contractor for your home and needs, so today we’re sharing key tips for choosing your own HVAC contractor.
5 Key Points in Choosing an HVAC Contractor
- Assess Your Needs. It’s helpful to first figure out the type of HVAC support you may need. Do you have a faulty AC? Are you getting ready for a remodel? Do you simply need someone you can trust for regular maintenance? It can also help if you figure out your equipment model information.
- Check for Licenses. Unfortunately, HVAC contractors have earned a bad name by being unreliable and dishonest. Many HVAC “contractors” are actually just handymen with a sticker on their truck. Instead, search for the state list of licensed HVAC contractors in your area to be sure they are experts.
- Ask Friends. The best way to find a reliable HVAC contractor is to ask trusted friends and family for an HVAC contractor referral. If someone has had a good experience with a particular HVAC contractor it’s likely to be the same for your experience. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, and even your social media circle for a referral of a trusted and affordable HVAC contractor.
- Verify Online. The internet has a fountain of information, so do your research… but carefully. Be sure to consult Google Reviews, Facebook, and Yelp. You should also consult the HVAC contractor’s website and social media pages. Learn about their services and values, as well as the way they interact with their customers
- Compare. Even if you find an HVAC contractor that looks perfect, it’s a good idea to compare prices, warranties and service guarantees. For example, if you find an HVAC contractor that gives you a quote over the phone without looking at your unit, you should go with one that will come in person to assess your HVAC unit and needs. The contractor who gives you a quote over the phone just wants to get in your door and then most likely will surprise you with a higher price. Usually, a slightly higher cost is worth the warranty, service guarantees, and quality of a better HVAC contractor.
Although finding a trustworthy HVAC contractor can be daunting, it is a task well worth undertaking. When you have an HVAC contractor you can trust, you’ll be much more likely to call them to fix minor HVAC problems, preventing the larger problems. Whether you need HVAC maintenance, a full remodel, or simply a fix to keep your HVAC running cool and smooth for the upcoming hot summer, Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating, and Air has you covered.