Gas Fireplace Maintenance and Repair
For gas fireplace maintenance and repair in Utah, call the expert technicians at Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air. We provide tune-up and repair service that you can trust.
Gas fireplaces are a great alternative to traditional wood burning fireplaces. They generally create more heat at a lower cost and burn cleaner. And on no burn days in Utah due to poor air quality, you can’t even use your wood burning fireplace.
Gas fireplaces are relatively low maintenance and provide warmth much quicker than a traditional wood fireplace. But just like your car, furnace or AC that needs regular maintenance, so does your gas fireplace in order to operate safely and optimally. You’re more likely to experience problems with your gas fireplace if it is neglected.
How often should you have your gas fireplace maintained?
Manufacturers of gas fireplaces usually recommend yearly/seasonal maintenance, especially when used often. If you are dependent upon your gas fireplace as your main heat source, we strongly recommend yearly maintenance to avoid being without heat when you need it most.
What can you expect from a gas fireplace tune-up?
We check all components for safety and functionality, we also clean and vacuum any debris and residue on the glass to make sure your fireplace looks clean and works right.
We provide a very thorough gas fireplace tune-up including the following:
- Check and clean the pilot
- Check condition of safeties
- Check and clean the blower wheel (if necessary & accessible)
- Clean and vacuum the burners; replace decorative substance as needed (ember material)
- Check for presence of unsafe levels of CO at the time of the tune-up
- Clean the combustion chamber, as necessary
- Gas log(s): We’ll vacuum the gas logs, check condition, suggest replacement if they are broken or chipped.
- Test for proper operation of the gas valve
- Clean the glass door
- Check and adjust the ignition to improve performance
- Check the main burner combustion to assure operating safety
- Check for deterioration in the system wiring
- Check for proper operation of the thermocouple/powerpile:
- Check for proper operation of the thermostat/remote
- Check for integrity and proper draft venting
Gas Fireplace Repairs
Our gas fireplace technicians are very familiar with the inside workings of these systems and will be able to quickly troubleshoot to find the source of the problem. Common problems include loose connections, pilot light not staying lit or just won’t light, defective valves, and bad modules in electric ignition units.
Pilot lights are probably the most common problem and can often be resolved by purging the air from the pilot tubing. This can be done by pushing the pilot button for about a minute. Working with gas can be very dangerous and explosive, so please call an expert if you are unfamiliar with working with your pilot light.
Should you have a gas fireplace problem, give Black Diamond a call. Our technician will come to your home, examine your fireplace, and provide you with an up-front price once we determine what needs to be repaired.
We strive to be the best in the business by providing excellent service at a fair and competitive price. If your gas fireplace is in need of repair or routine maintenance, call the experts at Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air.