Call Black Diamond Expert’s AC technicians for your yearly tune-up. With offices in Salt Lake City, Ogden, and Orem, we have technicians located throughout the Wasatch Front to serve our customers.
Did you know air conditioner manufacturers recommend having your unit tuned-up once a year? Some HVAC experts say up to 75% of “no cold air” calls in the summer are related to a lack of maintenance.
If your AC is not working properly or is blowing hot air, please call to book a repair service appointment instead of a tune-up.
Why get your AC tuned-up?
Just imagine your air conditioner quitting on you on one of Utah’s hottest days this summer–high temperatures can pose serious health risks; at the very least, it makes us feel sluggish and miserable. An air conditioner tune-up ensures that your cooling system is ready to combat the workload due to high temperatures. A tune-up will extend the life of your air conditioner and also allow it to work as efficiently as possible, saving you money all summer.
There are many reasons why your air conditioner could fail when you need it most. Preventative maintenance catches many of the typical problems that would otherwise lead to an unplanned service call in the middle of summer.
What is an AC Tune-up?
Your technician will inspect your air conditioner from top to bottom, checking for debris that may have fallen inside the compressor during winter and spring. They will clean the condenser unit, check and evaluate the coolant level, check electrical connections and change out your air filter and more. Here is a checklist of what you can expect from an Air Conditioning Tune-up from Black Diamond.
Our 20-Point A/C Tune-Up
- Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Thermostat – test for proper operation, calibrate and level
- Change air filter (non-standard filters cost extra)
- Bearing – inspect for wear and lubricate
- Inspect indoor coil
- Condensate Drain – flush and treat with anti-algae
- Inspect Condenser Coil
- Refrigerant – monitor operating pressures
- Safety Devices – inspect for proper operation
- Electrical Disconnect Box – inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
- Test/Inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss
- Compressor – monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
Just as important as an air conditioning tune-up is for staying cool in the summer, your furnace also needs a yearly tune-up to continue working optimally and avoid leaving you in the cold during winter. A great way to save money on all of your maintenance needs is with our Diamond Service Plan.