Plumbing problems never seem to come at a convenient time. It can be easy to ignore their warning signs. But there are plenty of plumbing issues that can lead to other, bigger, costlier problems when ignored. If you notice some of these warning signs, take action before that happens! Call the experts at Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air. We’ll have your plumbing problem fixed in no time. Keep an eye out for these plumbing problems in your house.
- No hot water—a lack of hot water is more inconvenient than you may think. Without hot water, it can be difficult to clean dishes, clothes, and even yourself. No hot water means cold showers—no thank you! No hot water is likely a sign of a broken or malfunctioning water heater.
- Clogged drains—a blockage in your drain is often an easy issue to fix, but if you ignore it, that blockage could cause serious damage to your pipes and home. If a clog is not identified and removed, a drain can be damaged further—especially if it’s blocking the only way for wastewater to leave your house. If left untreated, wastewater could come back up the drain.
- Broken garbage disposal—problems with your garbage disposal can manifest in water leaks, bad smells, jammed disposal, strange noises, or the disposal clogging entirely. A broken garbage disposal can lead to further damage in your plumbing and cause more costly repairs. You may just have a clog in your disposal that needs removing, but you may also have a broken disposal that needs replacing, better to have it fixed before the problem worsens. Read this post for tips on how to avoid a broken garbage disposal.
- Water stains—water stains on your wall or ceiling is not a good sign. This usually signals a leak in your plumbing. If ignored, it could lead to mold growth and property damage.
- Running toilet—when a toilet is running, that means water is being wasted and you are spending more on your water bill than you should. If you have a toilet that is running constantly, check out our post on how to identify the cause of a running toilet. If the solution is more work than you’d want to try to repair yourself, give the plumbers at Black Diamond Experts a call.
- Slow draining tubs and showers—this is likely a sign of a clogged drain. A slow drain may not seem like a big deal, but if it develops into a clogged drain your tub or shower will be out of commission. Clogs will not go away on their own and likely only worsen over time.
- Leaking water heater—a leaking water heater can cause damage to your floor, walls, foundation, and any items around them if ignored. A small leak is one of the first signs that your water heater is starting to fail. Depending on the source of the leak, a replacement may be needed.
Don’t let your plumbing issues become major problems. Get them fixed before they cause more damage. If you notice any of these issues, contact the experts at Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air for a quick and effective fix.